Hi I'm David,
There are at least seven things to know about me.
- I have collected and used Pelikan fountain pens since December 2010, exclusively so since May 2017.
- The current scope of my Pelikan collecting includes all fountain pens from the Souverän range, except those that do not have a pelican bill clip and/or where the only difference from standard is the cap material. I also collect the M101N and M120 series and a few selected pens from the M200 series.
- I have been extremely fickle with the naming of this site - It has had seven different names over the years - four of which still redirect here. I think I have now settled on TooManyPelikans.
- I am an outlier in the world of fountain pen users as I make extensive use of a database to document and track use of my collection. I use a set of ever changing algorithms within this database to propose the next pen, nib and ink combination to use in my rotation.
- I am a truely compulsive, completist collector. I wage a constant battle with myself to constrain the scope of my collecting.
- I am more of a maths person than a wordsmith. I know what an oxford comma is but if you see me use one here it will be purely accidental.
- I live in the future timezone-wise compared to most of the world, in sunny Brisbane, Australia.